14 Early Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (Millions Are Exposed Every Day)

A lot of people associate the word mold with rotten food and dirty bathrooms, but this substance appears to be everywhere. Even when we are not aware of that, we are breathing it and ingesting it every day. Mold is not only what grows in damp and wet areas or in dirty homes and buildings. Actually, mold is not visible, but it can be behind your walls, under your floors and in your food. Even though we cannot see it, we cannot avoid its toxic, or even deadly effects. When your body becomes overrun by mold, it shuts down your immune system and starts causing illnesses that can take a lot of time to be diagnosed and cured.

14 Early Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know

The silent killer

Mold contains different levels of toxicity. The most poisonous ones are called mycotoxins. When they settle in your environment or your body, the mycotoxins are very difficult to eliminate. They can be transferred to everything,including your furniture, linens, draperies and your clothes. They can even enter your body and affect your immune system and ravage your joints, your nervous system and your brain. It can be the cause for many severe diseases, including cancer and in many cases the damage these toxins cause is lethal. A 2005 study, that was published in the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture said: “Acute toxicity generally has a rapid onset and an obvious toxic response, while chronic toxicity is characterized by low-dose exposure over a long time period resulting in cancers and other generally irreversible effects.”

Mold toxicity

If you are affected by mold you will experience allergies as a consequence. According to a study published in Applied and Environmental Biology in 2011, was revealed that 25 to 28% of North Americans are genetically predisposed to have problems with water damaged places. It was also discovered that 50% of homes and buildings in North America have “dampness”, which is a fertile ground for fungi and mold and that “fungal growth is a problem in 15 to 40 percent of North American (homes).” The chance that your home or workplace will get mold is 50-50. If it does get mold, there is a 40% chance that you will experience the negative effects as a consequence.

Where does mold grow?

Mold grows in damp places with little or no ventilation like bathrooms, basements, and any other place that has water. It can start with a leak in your roof or behind your shower. Sometimes, it can appear in your home during construction by contaminated materials like untreated wood. It can likewise develop in a dirty HVAC system where dust and moisture have accumulated for months and even years. The mold that grows in dry and arid climates like Nevada or Arizona can result with severe breathing problems. Mold can be also found in food, for example,grains, nuts, chocolate, coffee and wine.

How do i know if i have mold poisoning?

Generally, doctors were telling their patients that the symptoms were “in their head”. This was because they were not able to discover the cause. According to recent studies, it has been shown that the negative effects of mold are real and can threaten the lives of those who are more susceptible. The symptoms are mild at first and become more severe when your body gets overwhelmed. The symptoms are very similar to those of Lyme disease, Celiac disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and others. This is the reason why it is easy for doctors to misdiagnose you if they are not familiar with the signs of mold toxicity.

14 warning signs – symptoms of mold poisoning:

  1. Blurred vision
  2. Auto-immune issues
  3. Joint pain
  4. Fatigue
  5. Headaches
  6. Weight fluctuation
  7. Neurocognitive problems
  8. Brain Fog/Confusion/Memory loss
  9. Mood problems
  10. Sleep disorder
  11. Inflammatory problems
  12. GI problems/food sensitivities
  13. Numbness and tingling
  14. Sensitivity to light

What can I do?

  • Test your environment. The most widely used test is the ERMI (environmental, relative moldiness index), developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It will show whether a mold I toxic or not.
  • Seek a professional mold remediation expert: if the outcomes are positive you can start working with a professional mold remediation company in order to identify the source of the mold and make all necessary repairs to get rid of it. After that, test the area again.
  • Look for a doctor that specializes in mold issues, a doctor trained in the “Shoemaker Protocol” or one familiar with the mold illness so that you can start detoxifying.
  • Lead a healthy life: After eliminating the toxins from your body you will have to avoid foods that feed or contain yeast, mold and fungus like carbohydrates and sugars.You will need to follow a Candida diet. You can restore your body with supplements such as glutathione, activated charcoal, olive leaf and many others.
  • Get informed: the world begins to understand the effects of mold on our health. There are a lot of sources of information that you can utilize to inform and protect yourself and your family.


14 Early Warning Signs of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (millions are EXPOSED every day)


Share this post: