Broccoli is among the healthiest vegetables. It has potent and numerous health benefits which we can enjoy if regularly consumed. An example of its many benefits is its strong impact on the body’s detoxification process. Broccoli contains glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian and glucobrassicin which helps eliminate contaminants from our system. It is also a rich source of kaempferol. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, this particular flavonoid lessens our risk of allergies. These are just a couple of broccoli’s many nutritional benefits. Which is why broccoli is a good addition to your diet. A broccoli soup is easy to prepare and is perfect for busy individuals. If you want to keep a healthy diet while maintaining a busy schedule, try this simple dish out.
The Nutritious Ingredients
To cook nutritious broccoli soup, prepare the following ingredients:
1 ½ pounds of broccoli (use heads and stems)
1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon of sea salt
2 quarts of water
Make a Nutritious Soup in Just Five Steps
Making a broccoli soup is easy. It can be done only in five steps. However, if you are not careful, you might miss out some of them so make sure that you follow these steps thoroughly:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. When the oil is already well heated, pour in the chopped onions and sauté over low heat until soft. This should take about 15 minutes.
2. Next, add in the broccoli and sauté for another five to 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook it and the onions.
3. Pour in the water and add salt to taste. Cook until the broccoli is already soft.
4. Using a blender, puree the hot soup and distribute them into tiny batches. You can opt to place them in small, covered bowls.
5. Store the bowls in your fridge. When you’re hungry, just get a bowl, reheat and enjoy!