Bananas are one of the healthiest fruits in the world since they’re packed with minerals and vitamins that improve the health on many different levels. Moreover, they’re tasty and there is rarely a person who dislikes eating them.
When consumed daily, they can be of great aid for certain health issues like morning sickness, diabetes, blindness, osteoporosis, depression, and kidney cancer. Bananas are also known to:
- Improve the digestion– since they’re rich in dietary fiber, bananas fight off indigestion and constipation by regulating bowel movements.
- Control the blood sugar levels-bananas regulate the blood sugar levels, which is great for people who suffer from diabetes.
- Prevent calcium deficiency– bananas prevent loss of calcium in the body and thus better the mineral absorption and strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Better the brain function-since they’re rich in potassium, bananas better the cognitive and reasoning ability.
- Prevent kidney cancer-by encouraging calcium absorption in the body, bananas can prevent the formation of kidney stones and kidney cancer.
- Fight off anemia-they have a high amount of iron that betters the quality of the blood.
- Boost the energy– when consumed regularly, bananas increase the energy levels. In fact, before a workout, eating a banana or two will provide you with enough stamina for the entire session.
- Protect from heart attack and stroke- bananas lower the risk as they’re rich in potassium and low in sodium.
- Treat depression-bananas have tryptophan which transforms into serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter which controls the mood.