As you may or may not know, the muscles in our bodies weaken when they’re not used for a certain period. For example, a fractured bone on the leg would require from you to be in a wheelchair so that the bone has time to heal and so that you can walk again. But, when you’re not using your legs for a certain amount of time, the leg muscles are inactive and thus, they weaken.
The same thing happens with the eye muscles around the lens. If you wear glasses, but you don’t practice eye exercises, the risk of your vision deteriorating eve more is higher. This is because the muscles in the eyes need practice just as all other muscles. Below, you have several practical tips that will help you better your vision, regardless of whether you wear or you don’t wear glasses. Let’s take a look:
- Close the eyes for couple of minutes every 2 to 3 hours per day
- Follow the lines on the photo with your eyes
- Stop wearing glasses
- Apply light pressure on the eyeball with the help of the index and middle finger
- When you go outside, always look into the distance
- Drink carrot juice with several drops of olive oil daily
- Wash the eyes with lukewarm water
- Don’t use your phone or laptop at least 2 hours before sleep
- Try out the Indian technique known as Trataka which is the practice of staring into an external object. This fixed gazing is a type of meditation which strengthens the muscles of the eyes and also stimulates the third eye. First, focus on some image or some object and pay attention to every thought and feeling crossing your mind; the mind needs to be completely absorbed with the item. Continue staring until the eyes become watery, which is when you need to close them and relax.
- Massage the points shown on the photo