Washing your face daily is important, in order to maintain clear, healthy skin and a glowing complexion. Some of the facial cleansers that you use are incredibly harsh and can damage the delicate skin on our faces. Other facial cleansers are weak and ineffective. If you have ever read the list of ingredients on the packaging of face wash, then you know that they are full of chemicals.
The benefits of using honey to wash your face
Gently uproots dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. Foaming cleansers and soaps frequently strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil.
- Raw honey consists of natural antibacterial and probiotic properties which effectively reduce breakouts and prevent new acne.
- Honey is ideal for very sensitive skin, rosacea, and eczema.
- It works well on all skin types. It balances oily skin and moisturizes dry skin.
- As far as excellent facial cleansers go, it is much cheaper than store bought options!
- Manuka honey works excellently and boasts superior antibacterial and healing properties. It is recommended for acne-prone skin.
How to wash your face with honey
When it comes to using honey, choose a truly raw variety that has “raw” or “unpasteurized” or “unfiltered” on the label. You have to look for raw honey at your farmer’s market. If you want to splurge, you should try the powerful Manuka honey. It consists of vastly higher levels of antibacterial properties to heal acne.
This will not remove makeup
You can use it in the morning and evening, if you do not wear makeup. For removing makeup, the oil cleansing method or the 2 ingredient DIY makeup remover is recommended.
Firstly, you should take about 1/2 teaspoon of the honey on your fingers. Warm it between your fingers. If it is necessary to make a spreadable consistency, you can add just a few drops of water. Smooth it gently on your face.
Wash your face with warm water and pat your face dry. If you have time, you will get better results by leaving the thin layer of honey on for at least 10 minutes prior to washing.
Finish with patting a toner on your face for best results. You can make your own by making a mixture of these ingredients: 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar with 1/2 cup of water or aloe vera. Put this in a jar or spray bottle.