Fungal infections can affect any part of the body, and are normally present in and on the body alongside various bacteria. You can get an infection, when a fungus begins to overgrow. A fungal infection that affects either the fingernails or toenails is called onychomycosis. It is also known as tinea unguium.
According to experts, a fungal nail infection occurs from the overgrowth of fungi in, under, or on the nail. Nail infection can be caused by the same fungi that cause jock itch, athlete’s foot, and ringworm. This implies to the fact that the fungi that are present in or on your body can be the reason for nail infections. In a case you have come in contact with someone else who has a fungal infection, it can spread to you. Fungal infections have an effect on toenails. This is because your toes are usually confined to your shoes, where they are in a warm, moist environment.
In a case you get a manicure or pedicure at a nail salon, you have to ask how the staff disinfects their tools and how often they do it. If the tools, such as emery boards and nail clippers, are not sanitized, they can spread fungal infections from person-to-person. In this article, you are going to read how to get rid of toenail fungus. The method is very simple, the only thing you have to do is just to soak your feet in one of these mixtures. This is what you need to do:
- Yogurt–is packed with the live bacteria, called acidophilus. Because of this bacterium, the yogurt is extremely useful remedy for any type of foot infections. The yogurt consists of the friendly type of microorganisms. They are so effective in destroying the fungal infections. This is what you have to do: Soak your feet in yogurt, or you can just rub yogurt all over your feet and leave it to dry. After that, wash your feet with cold water.
- Sodium Bicarbonate –baking soda is also very helpful in treating this health problem. This is what you need to do: make a mixture of cold water and sodium bicarbonate. Remember that this ratio is 1:3 when you are making this combination. Apply this potent combination to your shoes and allow it to air-dry. This mixture will destroy all the potential bacteria in your shoes.
- Hydrogen Peroxide–hydrogen peroxide is excellent for treating fungal infections as well. This is what you need to do: soak your feet in a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and cold water. With this natural method, you will destroy all fungal infections and avert them from spreading. These are the instructions how to make this mixture.
- Add 100 ml of 3% pharmaceutical grade hydrogen peroxide in 1 liter of distilled water. Soak your feet for 20 minutes. Keep in mind to repeat this method every morning until you get rid of the fungal infections.
- Corn Starch– you can add starch in different types of pastes and mixtures that prevent the unpleasant bacteria and fungi is great. Corn starch absorbs the moisture extremely efficiently. This is what you need to do: You should mix ½ tsp. of corn starch with a little bit of warm water. Next, you should set the oven to 220° and keep the mixture in the oven until it goes dark. Before you apply this mixture, wash and dry your feet. Apply this mixture, and leave it for 1 minute. After that, wash is off with warm water.