British scientists claim that hair dyes used worldwide by women are filled with chemicals that have been associated with cancer. Namely, hair dyes sold at the local supermarkets and the ones used in hair saloons pose a threat to our health. The scientists work at Leeds-based Company Green Chemicals.
They go on to explain that the chemicals present in hair dyes might react with tobacco smoke and other pollutants, thus, form a powerful cancer-causing compound. If we take into consideration that one third of women and one in ten men dye their hair regularly, this is a serious issue.
However, the dye manufacturers refute this claim. The chemicals in hair dyes, also known as secondary amine, can be already present in the dye or are formed later. Hence, they have the power to penetrate the skin and remain there for a long period of time. Eventually, they might come in contact with tobacco smoke and other pollutants and create toxic chemicals known as N-nitrosamines.
Unfortunately, hair dyes are associated with some cancer types like breast, bladder, and brain cancer, and leukemia as well. What’s more, a lot of people experience allergic reactions to the chemicals in the dyes, which may be fatal.
Luckily for people who regularly use these dyes, there is a safer alternative. Namely, the following coffee mixture will help you get the wanted color and it will also encourage hair growth. This has been confirmed by a study published in the January 2007 issue of the International Journal of Dermatology.
- You need to use organic coffee since non-organic coffee grounds may have chemicals
- Prepare the coffee and then leave it to cool down
- Mix 2 cups of natural conditioner and a cup of cold brewed coffee and 2 tbsp of organic coffee
- Apply the mixture on your hair and leave it for one hour.
- First, wash your hair and then pour coffee over it. Leave it to react for twenty minutes and then rinse it off with apple cider vinegar.
For optimal results, repeat the procedure for a couple of days.