Have you noticed how every time you do it there’s a lot of fruit still left on the rind and you waste a lot of it? And then there’s the mess you make all around, but there’s no other way. Or at least that’s what you thought. In this video you’ll see how you can do it the easy way, have a lot more fruit left for you and your friend and avoid the mess you usually make.
The video below shows tips on how to slice a watermelon properly, without making a mess and getting the most of it.
- Cut the watermelon in half
- Make a small hole through the rind all the way around the center, which will make the fruit break in half
- Flip the fruit on its end and remove the peel. Don’t worry about the extra bits as you can remove them later
- Remove the top and clean off the white skin
- At this point, you can cut the fruit into small pieces
- Turn the cutting board 90-degrees and cut the fruit again in the opposite direction
- Put the fruit into a larger bowl which fits the whole watermelon
- Finally, flip the cutting board!
- Check out the video below for more in-depth information!