Most of the women wear their hair bands on their wrist, daily without a second thought.
If no one ever told you, you would never know that something so harmless could become so deadly.
That is the story about Audree Kopp. This is exactly what happened to her.
Audree Kopp developed a bump , after going to bed wearing her hair band on her wrist. The bump became a serious infection. In order to prevent sepsis, she had to go in for surgery to. Sepsis is a life-threatening complication caused by infection.
Kopp said: “It just kept getting bigger, and redder, and worse.”
Atfer this horrific experience, Kopp took to Facebook to warn others:
“3 bacterias …. strep, staph, AND poly negative. I want to inform everyone to make sure no one else has to go thru this! The GLITTER tie is the one that caused the issue.”
According to doctors, the bands should be regularly washed. If you are not one to think about washing your hair bands, then you have to avoid leaving them on your wrist for very long periods of time.