Have you ever asked yourself what do McDonald’s products actually contain?
As opposed to what McDonald’s advertise as their main ingredients in their sandwiches, this video reveals hidden ingredients in McDonald’s food. Hence, their hamburgers contain excessive amounts of grease, and what’s more, as stated at McDonald’s website, the ingredients, which you can see in the video, are the ones included in their well-known McDouble sandwich.
Enriched flour ( Bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), High-fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, yeast, soybean oil and/or canola oil, contains 2% or less: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate, ammonium sulfate, ammonium chloride, dough conditioners( may contain one or more of: sodium stearoyl lactylate, DATEM, ascorbic acid, azodicarbominade, mono and diglycerides, ethoxylated monoglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), sorbic acid- a preservative, calcium propionate and/or sodium propionate ( preservatives), and soy lecithin.
These are the side effects that can be caused by the ingredients in the bun:
- Ammonium sulfate is a chemical byproduct of steel making and synthetic fiber production. Hence, it was one of the main sources of lawn fertilizer nitrogen until the price started increasing as of 2004, thus lowering its availability.
- Bleached White Flour– It has been proven that alloxan is a byproduct of the flour bleaching process, the process that makes the flour look so clean and white. In fact, alloxan is not being added to the flour, but the grain is treated chemically and results in alloxan formation in the very flour. Furthermore, alloxan is a product of the decomposition of uric acid. It is a poison used to produce diabetes in healthy animals for experimentation purposes. Hence, this substance causes diabetes due to creating an abundance of free radicals in pancreatic beta cells which it later destroys.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup is filled with contaminants like mercury that are neither regulated nor measured by the FDA.
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate can lead to food intolerance.
- Azodicarbonamide, which is banned in the EU, Australia, and Singapore, is used as food additive and an improving and flour bleaching agent. It relaxes the dough in order for it to maintain a good shape when it is divided in large-scale bakeries under pressure. Additionally, it can lead to allergic reactions in people sensitive to other azo compounds, like food dyes. Moreover, its consumption can increase the risk of allergic reaction to other food ingredients. Its primary use is for production of foamed plastics as an additive. In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive classified this substance as a respiratory sensitizer (a possible cause of asthma) and noted that these products should be labeled with the words ‘may cause sensitization by inhalation’.
- Guar Gum in large amounts is banned by the FDA due to reported cases of swelling and obstruction of the intestines and the esophagus.
- Sorbic Acid=As the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration claims, this chemical is a potent irritant which can cause serious damage of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract tissues when consumed in large amounts.
The pasteurized process American cheese contains: milk, cream, water, cheese culture, sodium citrate, and 2% or less of: salt, citric acid, sodium phosphate, Sorbic acid, lactic acid, acetic acid, enzymes, sodium pyrophosphate, natural flavor, color added, soy lecithin (added for slice separation).
The ketchup contains: tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, salt, natural flavors.
The pickle slices contain: cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate, natural flavors, polysorbate 80, and extractives of turmeric.
The mustard contains: distilled vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, paprika, spice extractive.
100% beef patty contains 100% pure USDA inspected beef, no fillers, no extenders. It is prepared with grill seasoning-salt and black pepper.